1. T-shirts were made in various colors, and the profit from selling them will be used for scholarships
2. The Chung-Ang Improvement Project – clean campus, greeting others first, saving energy
3. Policy Contest – Students’ opinions were gathered starting from September 6th, and the policies that can actually be realized will be executed for the rest of the current student council’s term. 3 good policies will be chosen with the 1st place receiving 300 thousand won, 2nd 200 thousand won, and the 3rd 100 thousand won.
4. Eui-hyeol Campaign – www.cauin.com is a community website for Chung-Ang students. The student council explained that the name of the section where students post their opinions was changed from Eui-hyeol Gwangjang (plaza) to Cheong-ryong Gwangjang. This decision was made by the public affairs office without negotiating the matter with the students. Eui-hyeol means ‘to go forward in a correct manner with righteous blood and this term is our school’s motto. A survey also showed that most students preferred the name Eui-hyeol over Cheong-ryong so the student council is making efforts for the section’s name to be changed to Eui-hyeol again.
5. Issuing of CAU coupon – The coupons can be used for receiving discounts in stores inside campus such as Coobuck and Grazie.
6. Regarding the closing of the department of home economics – The student council of the college of education, the student body, the student representative of the department of home economics, and the vice president are constantly negotiating with one another in order to find a solution. The student council doesn’t have an exact plan for what is to happen, but it is a fact that the closing of the department was a one-sided decision, and they have currently issued a statement regarding this issue. The student council included information of the conversation that they had with the vice president. Here is a part of the statement. The college of education received an A in the 2010 assessment for teacher training institutes, and this was a chance for the excellence of Chung-Ang University’s education to be acknowledged. This was a result that came from all 5 departments that make up the college of education, and would not have been possible without the department of home economics. The school keeps saying that “this decision may be sad, but we must persevere” but we feel that this is far too unfair, and is only a one-sided decision that that nothing to do with the combining of the Anseong and Seoul campus.< 저작권자 © 중앙헤럴드 무단전재 및 재배포금지 >