1. Recruiting the members
Send a message to the Chairman of the Culture Committee based on the information on the advertisements posted by the recruiting planning members of the festival. Otherwise, students can go to ’club.cyworld.com/culturepopcorn’ and write an application.
Anyone can be a member of the planning group if they apply.
2. At the orientation, members of the Culture Committee explain all the things that planning members have to do until the festival. At this point, students should write a more in-depth application and they will be divided into several temporary groups. These groups have meetings and work to select a slogan that well represents the concept of LUCAUS.
3. After a slogan is selected, each member applies for a particular team. There is a performance team, video team, advertising team, and square team.
Performance team: Selects which celebrities will come to LUCAUS and plans the performance order.
Video team: Makes advertising videos taking into consideration students’ different interests. Some examples are ‘Recruiting Videos’ or ‘Performance Background Videos’.
Advertising team: Attaches posters all around campus in order to recruit members, or companies that can support LUCAUS, and of course, to advertise LUCAUS for people who do not know much about the festival.
Square team: Looks for supporters that help LUCAUS and allots each club and company to a specific location. This team also plans various projects for LUCAUS..
4. Things to do in a day.
Performance Team : Guard students from reaching celebrities on the stage
Square team.: Divide chairs and tables that each club and each company needs and make sure that all materials are returned. Must also inform students about any questions they might have.
Video team, Advertising team: Helps with the work of the square team and performance team.
1. How is this year’s LUCAUS different from last year?
This year, the slogan of LUCAUS is ‘CAURA’. While the last slogan ‘LUCAUS one!’ emphasized the harmony of CAU students during the period of LUCAUS, ‘CAURA’ means that we want them to fume the aura of passion in their youth which are disturbed by their worries and stress. This year, we are planning to invigorate pubs that which our planning member will host and we want them to fume the aura of passion more in there. Also, we exert ourselves to making students participate in the performance that they watch.
2. Planning the festival can be a very self fulfilling job, but you must feel a lot of pressure since many students look forward to a very interesting LUCAUS. What is the most difficult part about organizing the LUCAUS?
LUCAUS means Let’s Unite CAU Students. That literally means that during the festival, all CAU members should become one. All CAU’s members does not only mean students, but also all faculty and alumni. It covers a wide range of people. Satisfying all CAU members through a great festival is the biggest concern for me as a person in charge of LUCAUS.
3. I know that you were one of the organizers for the festival last year. What did last year’s LUCAUS lack? And since you have been elected as Chairman of the Culture Committee, what would you like to change about the LUCAUS this year?
Our LUCAUS has the motto, ‘Gathering together and enjoying the festival’, but after participating in each year’s festival, I notice that accessibility to the back gate was very low and could not be activated. This was the biggest concern for the prior chairman as well as for me, and it will continue to be for the future chairman. This year, I try to improve that problem and I want students to enjoy every aspect of the festival, not just the celebrities’ performances.
4. I think many students have some prejudice a festival organizer will not have time to enjoy the festival so they do not even try out. Would you say that this belief is true?
It is a fact that compared with general students, festival organizers cannot really enjoy the festival to the fullest, planning members are the ones that make the LUCAUS and help other students to enjoy the LUCAUS more. They work day and night to prepare a successful festival starting from March. Though applicants may not be able to enjoy the festival itself, they can enjoy the making process. Most members do not think that they lose time in not being able to take part in the festival but rather enjoy the planning process so they work very hard and in a lively manner.
5. Many students are curious about the process of casting celebrities. How are they casted? Many students think that the organizers are able to see celebrities closely in the process of contacting them. What is your opinion about that?
We cast them considering the image of the festival in that year and we prefer celebrities that can add amusement because they can have a tremendous impact on the mood of the audience.
Also, it is true that the planning members are able to be right in front of the stage during the celebrities’ performances. However they cannot watch the performance comfortably because they have to care about the safety of the students. We will improve our image so that other students don’t think that we are simply enjoying the performances.
How do you think students can enjoy LUCAUS to the fullest?
We are making a small leaflet so that students will participate in the festival more. It includes where various events will take place and when the performance will start. We will distribute the leaflets during the festival. In daytime, many things to experiences will occur in campus in places. In night, various performances and pubs will open. I think having an interest in the festival is the important thing. If you participate in a variety of activities at the LUCAUS, it will become a memorable experience for everyone.
6. Can you give a few words to the students who only look forward to the celebrity performances and don’t actually participate in LUCAUS?
It is the natural for students to be interested in which celebrity is coming to the festival that year. Students evaluate the festival by which celebrities are invited, but their performance is partial in the festival. I want students to think the performances only as a partial, noncore part of the festival. If you turn your eyes elsewhere, you can participate in many activities, and not just watch it. Enjoy the LUCAUS together. Fume the aura. CAURA!
< 저작권자 © 중앙헤럴드 무단전재 및 재배포금지 >